Rewind: January 2016

February 1, 2016

IN REAL LIFE

Life was super hectic last month, and I don't see the pace abating anytime in the near future. Just the opposite, in fact. I got to go to Goa for the first time for a conference a couple of weeks ago, and it was really weird in that it was equally stressful, disappointing, fun and restful. I bought some amazing some stuff too, like an antique lifebuoy key chain, and a pocket leather traveler's notebook. I'm yet to start using the book though, because I want to use it for something special, and I don't have any ideas. What would you use a traveler's notebook for?

Uni reopened after a three week break, and things are super busy, and I love it, despite the stress. Yeah, I'm a workaholic.

BETWEEN THE PAGES

I read 17 books in January, and that number would've been higher if not for a couple of crap books that were just so slow. I'm also using Crini's awesome spreadsheet this year, so I've got some cool stats to share with y'all!

No. of books read: 13
No. of books re-read: 4
No. of new releases: 1
No. of pages read: 6104

ON THE BLOG

I introduced something new into my reviews this year, and I'm kind of proud of myself for doing it. I've always felt like there was no one idea that was completely unique and all mine here on Hitch Theory, but maybe this will change that?

While pinning reviews on Pinterest, I noticed how irritated I'd get when I had to click through to the website to read the full review. With the kind of crap internet we have here, that is a lot of clicks, and hardly worth the time. I wished there was some way we could see what the reviewer thought of the book at a glance, and then click through if we wanted to read the full review.

Which is how I stumbled upon the idea of a 'pinnable review'. Its basically an infographic review of sorts, with the main areas of the book evaluated, with short notes on things that stood out. I've reviewed two books so far with this format, and I really enjoyed it. I find that it helps me organize my thoughts as well, making it easier to write the full review.

List of blog posts:
- 2016 Reading Goals and Challenges
- Review: The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine
- Review: Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin 


What have you been up to this month? And what would you use a traveler's notebook for? Talk to me in the comments!