Ten Books I'll Probably Never Read

May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list our top tens!
This week we're discussing books we'll probably never read. Admittedly, I thought this would take me a long time to compile but surprisingly, there are a number of books that I'm pretty sure I'll never read. And here they are. Do feel free to dissuade me of this, though, if you think they're worth a read.

I did watch the first two movies, but I don't think I'll ever get around to reading the books, simply because I think I've outgrown them. I know and truly believe in the notion that books have no age boundaries, but somehow, I feel like they won't hold my interest as much as they might have if I'd read them when I was younger.

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns when I was way too young for it. I know it's supposed to be one of Hosseini's best works, but that book (I think I read it when I was 12 or 13) pretty much scarred me for life, and I can't even think of picking up any of his other books because of it.

It just sounds so complicated and full of names and sorrow and I don't know if I can stand it. There's enough sadness in the world to go around without adding to it (this doesn't mean I dont like sad books, though. I love books that make me cry)

I'm so over the whole vampire-angel-demons craze, though I never did have the angel craze to start with. And it just feels like a very angsty teenage romance story with lots of bad guys with an innocent girl in between. And love triangles? No. Just, no.

This is the story (from this list) that I have the most chances of reading sometime in my life. Maybe. The only reason I haven't yet, is that I fear it may be a little too... literary for me? And although I love big books, I read most of them in e-format so I don't really see how huge it is, but I saw my friend carrying this book one day, and man, was it HUGE. It intimidates me.

I know this is supposed to be J K Rowling and all, but the story line sounds very boring and I've never felt any inclination to read this at all.

I do have this book, but only because I got it as part of the box set. I'm definitely reading the LOTR trilogy, but this one... eh. Not something I foresee, for sure.

I loved loved loved The Host, and I was so excited when they announced sequels! But after the whole Midnight Sun fiasco, it looks like Meyer's closed shop for good, so I don't think I'll ever get the chance to read these two books, which were obviously going to be wonderful, because Wanda and Ian! ♥

I don't see this happening at all. For one, I've read another of Gabaldon's books, and I can't say I loved it. For another, I don't read time travel books because the entire concept simply boggles my mind (Doctor Who is different), and the love triangle thing is also an issue.

Like I said earlier, the time travelling issue is a huge mind block for me, and something that I can't get over. I have heard absolutely wonderful things about this one, though, and I really really want to read it, but it's just that little thing that's stopping me.

So tell me, what books do you think you'll never read? Have you read any of these books? Do you think I need to read them too?