Why I've Been Kind of MIA and Other Related News

July 27, 2014

If I took a review of the blogging resolutions I made for 2014, I'd find that it was an epic fail, because I think I've only succeeded at about one of them. Fortunately, I'm not going to do that, because, really, who needs that, right?

But one thing that give me a little hope that maybe I'm not all that much of a lost case is that fact that I think in this time, even though I haven't been quantitatively productive, I think I have been qualitatively so. If that makes any sense. 

Let me explain.

The main reason I've been MIA for the past few months with sporadic posting and not much socializing is because I've been preparing for the GRE. For those of you who dont know what that is, it's an exam that's written by prospective graduate school students, and it's a devil of a thing. A veritable monster that gobbles up all your nights, making peaceful sleep a long past dream and leaves you with close to nil peace of mind.

The good news? I'm DONE WITH IT. YES *fist pump*

So although there are a few more things left that I have to attend to, now that I've got the GRE out of my way, I'm free for the most part. It feels like I suddenly have all this free time on my hands and I dont know what to do with it. It's weird, honestly, because I dont think I've ever studied this hard and this long for any exam ever. Including my boards, and that's saying something, because out here, it's like your school boards are what will 'decide your life'. I just hope it all pays off.

And you know what the crazy thing is? It's been while I was preparing for this exam that I've been getting some really awesome ideas for the blog, and it was torture to not put them to use. I did get Lit Up Fandom on the road, though, because I just couldn't wait any longer. But now that I'm all freed up, I planning to bring those ideas to life, so keep an eye out for some interesting posts, and also, in the not immediate future, a big change.