Books For A Cause: A Win-Win For All

June 18, 2014

A couple of weeks ago, as I was chatting away on Twitter, I saw this tweet from Heather @ Turning Pages about something that sounded interesting - Books for A Cause. So I went and checked out the official page for the program, and honestly, it sounds like something both fun and beneficial. You know how sometimes you have multiple copies of a book and dont know what to do with it? Or way too much swag to fit your bedroom and your mum's telling you to make some space in your room already? Yeah, Heather's got a solution for all that. But that's not all. There's more, guys!

So today we have Heather, the brains behind Books For A Cause stopping by to tell about this awesome thing she's thought up that's going to be a huge help to loads of people very soon! Read on :)

HEATHER ON BOOKS FOR A CAUSE


Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I am one half of the duo that makes up the blog, Turning Pages. Before I get started, I really want to thank Fahima for allowing me to spread the word about Books for a Cause here on her blog!

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a few fellow bloggers on twitter about starting up some type of fundraiser, involving reading/books, to raise funds for cancer research. I recently lost my Aunt after a long battle with Cancer - read my full story on her blog - and I am is very passionate about raising money and spreading the word for this great cause.

After contacting Stand Up 2 Cancer, they have offered their help and support. Additionally, a fundraising page as well. 100% of the proceeds raised during this fundraiser will be donated to their foundation, directly.

In addition to monetary donations, I am organizing an auction all bookish things related (mid-late July time frame) But I NEED your help too! Spread the world, donate books/swag or anything else to auction off. Your ideas too, would be great!

Of course, I am not doing this alone. Tonya at Lily Bloom Books is graciously helping me with all the “behind the scenes action” as well helping me get organized for the upcoming auction to help support Books for a Cause.

I am so excited to launch the auction and am so thankful for all of the authors and bloggers who have already contributed items! Please stay tuned and continue to help spread the word about Books for a Cause!

You can contact me directly at hsheffield2011(at)gmail(dot)com or Tonya at lilybloombooks(at)hotmail(dot)com if you are able to donate items to the auction. You can also donate directly on the fundraising page by going to the website. In addition, you can contact one of us with ideas for other ways make this fundraiser a success.

A hashtag has been crated - #BooksForACause to help spread the word.

Please tweet, share on Facebook and/or on your blog sidebar (using image above).

The goal is raise $2,000. Help us get there and Stand Up 2 Cancer!

Sincerely,

Heather

What do YOU think about Books for A Cause? Isn't it a wonderful idea? Do you have any ideas to add that'll help out in this endeavour? We'd love to hear from you!
Do read Heather's story (it's beautiful), and don't forget to spread the word!