Series I Cant Wait To Binge Read

February 3, 2014


binge read
/bɪn(d)ʒ riːd/
to read a book in the course of a day. Common practice of the bookish people.

Hi, my name is Fahima and I'm a binge reader
I've always been a habitual binge reader, gobbling up books in the span of a few hours, as fast as I can get my hands on them. And I've always been an impatient reader. Comes with the territory when you're afflicted with as much constitutional curiosity as I am.

As a consequence, series is general, are torture to me. I usually read the first book soon after I hear about it, which is most often before the second book is released. So then I have to go through the torturous wait for the second book. And the third. It happened with the Under The Never Sky series, and while I was waiting for the books in that series, I made an unconscious decision to cull the series in my reading pile.

Binge reading is good for your piece of mind
When I realised what I was doing, I figured it was probably a good idea anyway, and stuck to it. Whenever I found a series that had an interesting story, and really good reviews, and a fandom that I desperately wanted to be a part of (the Shatter Me series!), I clenched my hands, added it to my tbr list on Goodreads, and waited it out. So that when the last book comes out, I can binge read the entire series with no break, and simply immerse myself in an awesome bookish world.

I mean, think about it. You dont have to go through the wait. That in itself is a great reason. You're spared all that mental trauma, biting your nails to know what happens after that cliffhanger ending, speculating on who the protagonist ends up with, and oh-my-God-how-will-I-survive-this! You wont have to scratch your head when the sequels comes out, wondering what happened in the first book (though the Recaptains are rescuing is from that particular affliction now. But they haven't covered all the series out there yet (working on it), so this still stands). And you'll be discovering a whole new world when others are moaning about how it's ending for them.

Or is it?
So see? Just exercise a bit of restraint oh who am I kidding! a lot of restraint, and it'll all pay off very nicely in the end.

Or, of course, I could just be deluding myself, and the awesome experience of entering the world of a series with the rest of the world does not equal binge reading. For instance, you'll be like the one who's last to the party. The one who cant be a part of the fandom, or take part in discussions for fear of being spoiled.

Either way, it's too late for me
I've been keeping a few series in reserve, waiting for them to end so that I could get started on them.

With Ignite Me's release a mere day away (I cant WAIT, people. Seriously, I cant. But it's just life's mean way of not letting me get my way that I have my exams starting today, so I have to wait atleast another week. Way to go, life. Way to go), I thought I'd share my binge reading list with you, and see if there are any of you out there who haven't read them either.



So tell me... what's your take on binge reading series? How do you handle the wait between books? Are any of the books above ones you haven't read? Or do you have any series recs for me? Sound off in the comments!