Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas Tour: Guest Post

February 19, 2014

Hello everyone, and welcome to the third stop on the Ask Again Later by Kiz Czukas Blog Tour! I've had my eye on Ask Again Later for a long time now, and am so glad to be a part of the tour! Liza Czucas is really nice, guys, and after interacting with her, I'm all the more excited to read this book :) Scroll down for a very interesting guest post and a giveaway!

Title: Ask Again Later
Author: Liz Czucas
Publication date: March 11, 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen (HarperCollins)
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Amazon Goodreads | TBD | B&N
Despite what her name might suggest, Heart has zero interest in complicated romance. So when her brilliant plan to go to prom with a group of friends is disrupted by two surprise invites, Heart knows there's only one drama-free solution: flip a coin.

Heads: The jock. He might spend all night staring at his ex or throw up in the limo, but how bad can her brother's best friend really be?

Tails: The theater geek...with a secret. What could be better than a guy who shares all Heart's interests--even if he wants to share all his feelings?

Heart's simple coin flip has somehow given her the chance to live out both dates. But where her prom night ends up might be the most surprising thing of all...

Guest Post
Ten Truths About Ask Again Later

1.  In the book, prom is held at a community center.  Although I never say exactly where the book takes place, in my mind I pictured the building where my own junior prom was held the entire time I wrote it.  It was a community center pretty far from my school, and it turned out to have a full ballroom, which I totally didn't expect when I heard where we were going to have prom.

2.  The book is dedicated to my three high school English teachers.  I went back to see two of them (the third is no longer at my high school) and gave them each a copy of my book.  It was nerve-wracking, but also very exciting and satisfying.

3.  The main character's name is Heart LaCouer.  La couer is French for "the heart" so in effect, her name is Heart the Heart.  I thought the name Heart was unusual, but not full-on awful until I added the last name.  Then it was just plain blech.

4.  Ask Again Later sold less than a week after my agent (the incomparable Laura Bradford) pitched it.

5.  Although it's never stated in the book, Heart's brother's full name is Phillipe.  Extra Frenchy-French, no?  He goes by Phil, however, and as someone with a hated name, Heart never outs him on his secret.

6. A lot of people in the book are named after friends of mine, either current or past.  Especially Heart's close group of friends (a.k.a. The No Drama Crew), because they remind me a bit of my friends from high school.  I do not know anyone named Heart, however.

7.  There is a Chuck E. Cheese token that plays a significant role in the story.  One of my early readers (Hi, Heather!) had one on hand and weighed it for me--to the gram!--to determined whether it would act differently than a quarter when flipped.

8. There is a reference to short-sheeting a bed in the book.  When it was translated into German, my translator (Hi, Jeannette!) contacted me with a few questions about the text.  One of the things she wanted to know about was short-sheeting, because apparently most Germans don't use a top sheet on their beds, just blankets.  I had never thought about how other cultures make their beds before!

9.  I went to all-girls high school, and I usually don't write books set in co-ed schools because I'm afraid I'm going to get it all wrong!  Luckily, most of this book takes place after school or at prom, and that stuff was co-ed at my school so I'm pretty sure I got those parts right.

10.  In the book, there is a running joke between Heart and one of her dates that the night could always get worse if they were kidnapped by a serial killer.  They want to have t-shirts made, so I made them:  http://www.zazzle.com/at_least_i_wasnt_kidnapped_by_a_serial_killer_t_tshirt-235196735322482387

About The Author

Liz Czukas is a freelance writer (on sometimes sad or boring topics), and also writes books for young adults (which are rarely sad and full of kissing). Before that, she was a nurse and she still kind of misses starting IVs.

She lives outside Milwaukee, WI with her husband, son and the world’s loudest cat. She types too loud (according to her husband), spends too much time on the Internet, and can’t get enough of disaster movies. There is *always* a song stuck in her head, and she once won a hula-hoop contest.


Giveaway

Enter below to win:
-One annotated ARC of Ask Again Later + Swag
-One finished copy of Ask Again Later + Swag

All the best! May the odds be ever in your favour.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the tour below!
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas - Blog Tour