Top Ten Tuesday: The Winter Edition

December 10, 2013

I've always been a mood reader - I pick books off my extremely long tbr list by impulse, based on what I feel like at the moment. Nevertheless, I'm going to attempt to make a TBR list here, with the aim to finish them by February. Some of these books I've been really wanting to read, but haven't gotten to them yet. I dont know why. Dont ask me.

So here's a list of my Winter tbr books! In no particular order...

Top Ten Books on my Winter Shelf


Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
I first saw this book during an Epic Reads #ARCParty and since I looovve intense books dealing with tough issues, this was an auto add to my tbr list. Also I GOT AN ARC!!! Yay!! So I can get to this soon :D

Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor 
Ashley marked this as an upcoming must read on her blog, and I've also seen a lot of great reviews for this one. Plus, the blurb says 'in the tradition of The Fault in Our Stars'. How can I say no to that?

The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Did you read her Me Before You? It was devastatingly beautiful, people. I still haven't gotten over it. She went on my auto read list as soon as I read that book, and this one sounds like another in which she's going to weave her spell masterfully. I cant wait!

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I dont think I've ever mentioned this here, but I love reading historicals. My favourite kind is the one in which the protagonists get married and then fall in love. Cruel Beauty sounds like that and I really, really hope it lives up to my expectations.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I'm getting it! At last! Pooja's given her copy to a friend of mine, and after she's done, I get it. YES! And then I'll know why everyone got so mad at Roth after reading it. I've been dying with curiosity, just so you know.

Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
This will be my first bucket list book, so I'm looking forward to it. Also the cover!! Beautiful!

Confessions of An Angry Girl by Louise Rozett 
This was the first book I saw on Pooja's blog, and which kind of got me into book blogging. My sister liked it too. And it sounds like a fun, free of major issues chick lit YA book, perfect for unwinding.

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys 
In the pursuit of expanding my reading horizons to books set during wars, I aim to read this one, which has got tons of raving reviews, even though I'm really apprehensive about it, because I'm scared I might find it boring, or cant get into it.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak 
The Book Thief, you guys! I haven't read it! Yes. This is in order to correct the mistake of not reading it. Long overdue.

Shadow & Bone by Leigh Burdago 
I want to read this book so bad! And I'll get the perfect opportunity during the Christmas hols, when I can really concentrate. Darkling, here I come!

What on your list this winter? See any familiar books on mine? Any recs? I love recs! Sound off in the comments, y'all!