Top Ten Tuesday: The Wait Is Never Ending

November 5, 2013

Okay, so here's the thing. I dont read many series. I literally go searching for books that are not part of a series. The list on Goodreads that goes something like 'Top 100 Standalones of ...'? Yeah, I haunt that list. Repeatedly, picking books off from it to read.

Why all this avoidance of series? Well, for one thing, I'm a VERY curious cat! (People give me nicknames based on it; it's that bad) So this is what happens when I read a series: I read the first book, and then when I realize it's a series, and the next book is not out, so I have to wait like a year to know what happens next, but i cant wait because I HAVE TO KNOW NOWW, and then I cant stop thinking about it, and I end up getting very vivid dreams about it, so vivid, in fact, that the next day, I dont feel like I've slept at all, an then I get up up and think about it, and the cycle repeats itself until I'm completely scarred, and then the next interesting thing comes along, and I flit on to that.

So you see, series can be traumatic things for me. Which is why I put them off a lot, so that I can read them together (and hence have so few to share with y'all today). Like the Shatter Me series and The Grisha series that I've been postponing for so many months. But I think I'm going to start The Grisha ones in the next week or so, because really, after being victim to Judith's constant bombardment, you cant help but cave in.

Six Sequels That I need NOW!

(images link to the book's Goodreads page, as usual)
I've mentioned before, how I  usually keep away from books about angels and stuff, but then I stumbled upon this one, and I'm a goner. Like, totally! It's so well written, probably one of the few 'angel' books that are, actually, and I love it!
I have this one!!! I'm going to be reading it soon. Maybe tonight or the day after tomorrow (my exams finish then). I've been re-reading the first two books in the last two days, and I love them jsut as much as I did when I first read them, which is great, because not many books are like that. You usually find a few flaws in the second reading. Not so with Rossi's awesome stories! Oh, and I dreamt about this book last night. Totally weird dream. Which is why my post is so late today, because I was sleepy all day.
 Katie McGarry! Dont you love her too?! She's so awesome! And her books!!!  (btw, dont you just love hearts?) Isaiah's story is bound to be one exciting roller coaster, and I cant wait! I have this one too, so I'm going to get to it soon, right after Thursday!
The Vampire Academy series are one of my absolute favourites forever series, and when Richelle Mead started writing about Adrian & Sudney, I knew I couldn't miss it. I mean, more of the VA world? Give it to me! I didn't like Indigo Spell as much as I thought I would, though, so I'm hoping this book gets back on track with the awesomeness that I'm used to with VA books (I use 'awesome' a lot, dont I?)
Amplified had such an unresolved ending, and I was so bummed when I saw that it wasn't a series. And then, Tara Kelly announced a sequel. So now we'll know what really happened between Jasmine and Sean and with C-Side. My world is right again.
Yes. I have not read it. Dont say anything. I feel crappy that I haven't, when its so near within my reach. But no, due to complicated circumstances involving two different states, and a crummy friend who WILL TAKE AGES to read a book, I have to wait. Probably until the end of November. I am going to die.

So enough about my misery! What's on your list today? And how do you deal with the wait between two books?

22 comments :

  1. I recentely got an arc of Crash into you so i'm hoping its good too! Also i'm about the start reading the first of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series so am happy to see later books on other peoples lists!

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter of Smoke & Bone is SO exciting to read! I hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. I've read Allegiant and have Crash Into You to read soon, which I'm excited about! I hope you love them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Im going to start Crash Into You today. Fingers crossed! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh these are all really exciting, but it's such a shame that I haven't read most of the previous books to these (even if I did love the firsts!) HAHA I am miserable. I think I'm looking forward to Dreams of Gods and Monsters and Into The Still Blue the most though <3 great picks Fahima!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Into The Still Blue is SO PERFECT! You'll LOVE it!

      Delete
  4. Sorry you can't read Allegiant for ages - I personally didn't like it very much, which sucks as Divergent is one of my favourites! I also have Crash Into You - need to get to that soon. Really want to read The Daughter of Smoke & Bone; have that and the sequel sitting on my shelf right now. Thanks for stopping by my TTT too =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo you didn't liek it too? I'm really apprehensive about reading it now, looking at all the meh reviews :(

      Delete
  5. Great list! I am so excited for Crash Into You and Into the Steel Blue. I can't wait to read Allegiant also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these look great! I have some of them on my list today as well. Already read and loved both Allegiant and Crash Into You.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Im so glad you loved Allegiant, Lexxie! Looking forward to your review! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Fahima :) I'm dying to read Isaiah's story. The release date is so close and yet so far. I haven't read Allegiant yet but unlike you, I was not able to help myself and read spoiler reviews. But I will not say anything, for both our sakes. :) Thanks again for dropping by my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I knooow! The reviews are SO tempting to read! But Im just holding myself back, waiting for the book to land in my lap :D

      Delete
  8. I have yet to read Insurgent so it's ok! I loved the first book in the series but the wait between books is waaaay to long. I'm not a big fan of Indigo Spell. I always get the books only because I love the Vampire Academy series so much and hope for glimpses of Rose & Dimitri. Also, I kind of find Sydney annoying but love Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Bloodlines series. Indigo Spell was such a disappointment. I really hope The Fiery Heart makes up for it!

      Delete
  9. I just bought Allegiant but I want to read it from the beginning again lol
    Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do that too! Otherwise I feel like the continuity isn't there. I just read the firs teo books of the Under The Never Sky series all over again before I read Into The Still Blue. But it was fun! :)

      Delete
  10. ARE YOU ME?? I'm so glad I'm not the only one who goes crazy after I finish a book and the next one isn't there!! I'd definitely say that 75% of the series I read are already completed for EXACTLY THAT REASON. Including the dreams. And the no sleep. Add in a rampaging across the internet for hours trying to find spoilers, and we're twins I swear!

    On that note, I can FINALLY read the Divergent series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha its terrible, isnt it? But I cant stand spoilers one bit, which is way I stay away from reviews of books Im really excited for :)

      Delete
  11. I hear you about hating the wait between sequels. I don't have the restraint to hold off on books that sound awesome, though, if they're part of a series. But it's nice to discover a series late, after all of the books have been released.

    I'm reading Allegiant right now, Or I should say - trying to read, since I'm not really getting into it so far. But I hope to have it finished by the end of this weekend.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol finding a series late can be fun sometimes; you dont have to go through all the angst everyone else did when it was still being written :)

      Ack! Seriously? That sucks :(

      Delete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.