Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels

August 6, 2013

Yay! It's Top Ten Tuesday time! Seriously, you guys, this is my absolute favourite meme of all time. I take part only in a few of them - Feature & Follow Friday, Waiting on Wednesday, and this - and though I sometimes skip this, this is by far my favourite! I love how it gives us a chance to share our books with everyone :)

And this topic! I've been looking forward to it for a LONG time, so you can expect some big time ranting and fangirling and wishing on stars and all that. In other words, you can expect a show from my slightly more freaky side that I let out only sometimes.

Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels
Eleanor & Park  

1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (review)
I loved this book to pieces, and it's been on pretty much every single list I've made this year for TTT. But, but, BUT... Although I loved it to pieces, and I adored the writing, I just wasn't completely satisfied by the ending. If you've been hanging around here, you know by now that I'm a person who likes all hanging ends tied nice and tight. I do understand the concept of an open ending, but for this book, I would've preferred something more conclusive. And so... I WANT A SEQUEL! Rainbow Rowell, one of my favourite authors of all time, and fellow Cumberbatch crusher, if you're reading this (Well, I can dream!), please, pretty please, give us a sequel! Or atleast an epilogue?


2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
I've lost count of the number of fan fiction stories I've read of P&P that tell the story after Pride & Prejudice. I know this is a futile hope since Miss Austen is dead and all, but I still wish we had a sequel. Not that the ending has anything lacking in it.

3. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Why cant she just make up her mind already and WRITE?! This was supposed to be part of a series, but ever since that disaster with Midnight Sun, it looks like Meyer has put down her pen for good. Which would be a tragedy (despite Twilight), because I WANT MORE OF THE HOST! Ever now and then a rumour goes around that she's started writing the sequel, and it's definitely a trilogy, and then *poof*. Radio Silence. Gah!

   
4. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
This is one of the few wholesome books I've ever read. I love how it's family centric and the way it deals with the characters and each of their emotions and pain. It was also interesting to see how each of them coped with pain. But one aspect of the book, the relationship between Matt and Julie, come to fruition only at the fag end, and I would love to know more about the both of them together.

5. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
This book is one of the reasons I am so very glad and grateful that I patched up with YA. It's just... really, there's no words. Why would I love a sequel to this? Again. like with Flat Out Love, Nastya heals only at the very end of the book. So I'd love to see more of her after. As well as Josh! I felt like we didn't really get to know Josh that well. It would be so perfect if there were a sequel of what happens after, but from Josh's POV.

6. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Despite now realising that Inheritance has a little bit too much of a similarity to Lord of The Rings, and also the fact that this is already a series, and that it's ended, I still want another book. There were so many new developments in Inheritance that we know nothing about now. I just cant seem to digest the fact that he (Paolini) ended the series the way he did. It's almost like he followed Angela's prophecy to the T and then ended it right there. I want more.


7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (review)
You know how I raved about this book in my review, but the ending just left me hanging. I get what happened to the two of them, but I dont see how they can continue to live that way, and I would love to see more of that.

8. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
This book was the very first one YA I read after my 'estrangement' with the genre. And if the credit must go to anyone (or thing), it would go to this book for getting me back into the genre. I would love to hear more about these two witty, flawed, and completely perfect people (and Francesca's brother as well. He's so cute!). Seriously. And while we're on he subject, I'd love a sequel to Piper's Son as well :D

9. The Blue Castle by L M Montgomery
Frankly, the reason I want a sequel to this book is mainly because I want more from L M Montgomery. But again, I'm doomed to disappointment, because she's dead as well :(. If you have still not read this book, even after all my raving, then I'm disowning you please go do so now. It's such a perfect book, and I love it the way it is. But I'd still love more :D

10. Amplified by Tara Kelly
One of my favourite books this year, I loved how it's not centered around the 'boy and girl' idea, but more about Jasmine and her friends than anything else. I was just thinking thinking that it would be great if it had a sequel (while making this list), and went hunting for the book on Goodreads, when surprise, surprise! I saw this next to the title - (Amplified, #1). So it is going to have a sequel! Yay!

What books are on you're Top Ten list today? Do we have any in common? Or do you have any recs for me? I'd love to know!

18 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your list! The only one we have in common is "Pride and Prejudice," but I've seen "Eleanor and Park" on what seems like everyone's lists today as well! It definitely makes me feel super guilty about not having picked it up yet... Oops! Nice to know that you think it's so worth getting into! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you HAVE TO, HAVE TO read Eleanor & Park! Like, really! Right now! :D

      You can thank me when you're done ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Inheritance Cycle! There are so many questions hanging that I think I need to write to Paolini at some point, and demand some answers. :D I really want to read Eleanor & Park, and The Host really needs a sequel already. We have been waiting for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, do that! And then tell me everything ;) And you should totally read Eleanor & Park (I'm probably going to be reiterating this in every comment). I have a feeling it'll be one of the best this year!

      Delete
  3. I want more The Host too. Its so frustrating that she just stopped writing. And P&P is amazing so I'd love to have seen a sequel from her too. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right (about P&P)! I keep imagining how they would be as a married couple. Which is why I'm ever grateful to the makers of the 2005 movie for including that little bit in the end :D

      Delete
  4. Great list! I'd love a sequel to the Host and P&P too, only the last is unfortunately not possible anymore :(

    TTT @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Flat-Out Love! There's a companion novella called Flat-Out Matt but I haven't read it yet. Oh and have you read The Piper's Son? It's sort of a sequel to Saving Francesca and it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt feel like reading Flat-Out Matt actually, because, I dont know, somehow, I dont feel like the same story from a different POV adds so much to a book that I cant miss it. And yep, I've read Piper's Son. It's brilliant!

      Delete
  6. OMGGGGGGG!! Okay, sorry for the all caps overload but you just included The Blue Castle! I forgot it on my list (oops!), but that's one of my favorite Montgomery books. I would LOVE more from her. I just read her biography earlier this year - so fascinating!

    Anyway, I also adore Pride & Prejudice AND Saving Francesca so yay for including those too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'VE READ THE BLUE CASTLE!!!! OMG!!! (I'm a caps person too :D) This is like, a discovery of epic proportions! NO ONE I know has read it, except for my sister, and she doesn't count.

      Biography, huh? I should totally read that!

      I know! I saw your list! Yay! :D

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these books, but I'm going to read P&P soon! And unfortunately, we can never have a sequel. D: New follower!

    My TTT:

    http://qaisracetusbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-8613.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Saru! It's a wonderful classic :)

      Delete
  8. Maybe it's for the best that she hasn't written the sequels to The Host. Because after seeing how she did with the sequels to Twilight, I'd be afraid I'd be disappointed with The Host trilogy. While there was room for more, it was still great as a standalone. So I think she should leave well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I think you've actually got a point there.

      Delete
  9. I've got Eleanor & Park and The Night Circus in my list too.

    I love Melina Marchetta she's one of my favourite Authors and although I don't have Saving Francesca in my list, I do have one of her books in this week's Top Ten Tuesday list :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! Marchetta's a great author! I just saw that you have Jellicoe Road on your list. I've been wanting to read that for sometime. I'm reading Looking for Alibrandi right now, and it's so nice! :D

      Delete
  10. Did you watch the movie adaptation of the host?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.