Feature & Follow Friday #11

August 16, 2013


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

Question of this Week:
Share something you’ve learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month.

Answer:
I've learnt a lot, the more important ones being that consistency is VERY important for your blog, and so is socializing with other bloggers and commenting. And this is where I suck real bad. I'm not good at mingling with people, and unless I have an intelligent comment to make, I dont bother at all, and hence, I often end up not commenting. Blah.

On the more fun side, I made my button yesterday! Yay! The last time I did one (it sucked. If you didn't see it, be glad), I struggled so much with getting the code right and then building a code box and putting the code in it. It was so difficult!

But a few weeks back, Kimba @ The Caffeinated Reviewer listed a number of really helpful blogger tools on her 'How The Heck Did You Do That?' feature (there's some really cool stuff there, by the way. You should definitely check it out). And from there, I discovered the Grab My Button Code Generator, which is SO EASY! It does all the work for you! I loved it, and I love how my button is all neat and nice on my sidebar now :D

Have a look! Sorry for the showing off, but I'm really proud of it! :D

I Read, Ergo I Write

So what did you learn this month? I'm always on the lookout for more ways to improve my blog and learn new stuff, and would love to know! 

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. Yay! Thanks for mentioning the site. I just bookmarked it. And great button!! Thanks so much for sharing. I am not the best with the design stuff ;)

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I end up not comment on stuff to because I just don't know what to say! I really like your button it looks awesome. Old follower Happy Friday!

    My Feature & Follow
    Whit@Whit's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it peaks my interest I'll comment. Even if it really isn't that good of a comment. Everyone likes to know that people are reading their blog and finding it interesting. I really like the button you created! Good job!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for mentioning the site,new GFC follower
    hope you can visit my site Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.