Recaptains - Remember That 'Thing'?

July 29, 2013

Okay, so you know how I mentioned that I was working on something in my previous post? Something I was very vague about and which drove you crazy with curiosity (yeah, right. Who am I kidding? You didn't even notice it, right?)?

I'm ready to tell you what it was all about!

You see, while I was working on the new feature and the consequent review, I was also working on a detailed recap of the book (Gravity, Book 1 of The Taking series, by Melissa West) for the Recaptains.

Who are these 'Recaptains' you ask?

Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there were four young girls (women? I dont know. You pick) who were talking, as young girls are prone to do, on this little social networking, micro blogging, 'the blue bird that became famous' website called Twitter. A next book in a series was coming out, and *gasp* none of them knew what happened in the last book! So they called in the Recaptains! Or rather, they became their own rescuers:  Recaptains!

What are Recaptains all about?

A blog dedicated to spoiling books on purpose. - From Recaptains

The Recaptains recap series as and when they're reading it, so that the rest of us dont have to break our heads for what happened in the earlier book when the next book is coming out! To read more about their beginning, check out Amber's and Hannah's post on it!

Who are they?

Betty @ Book Rock Betty
Amber @ Books of Amber (I'm so obsessed with her blog design!)
Hannah @ So Obsessed With
Judith @ Paperiot (her's too! Like, big time!)

Their mission: (this is so CUTE, you guys! I love this especially!)

We - Amber, Betty, Hannah and Judith - solemnly swear to protect the world from literary amnesia and serial killers. We swear to protect our fellow human beings and to spread the love for books. We don't believe in fear. We have faith that the world can be better, and will be better.

So why am I telling you all this? Well, for one thing, it's a great site, with a great goal, and you should totally check it. Even if you dont head over there now, I know you'll find your way there eventually, when you are wondering, 'What the heck happened in that last book?'

And for another, I'm a Recaptains Sidekick! Yay me!

How did I become one? Like I said at the beginning of the post (which I'm sure forgotten by now, thanks to my rambling narration), I did a recap of Gravity by Melissa West for them.

Which you can find here

So now, I get a nice shiny Recaptains badge! :D


 
And yes, I admit it, half of my motivation for all this came from my want to GET THAT BADGE!
I am weird.
I have accepted that.
You have to too.
The End.
So... did you check them out? The Recaptains? Or did you already know about them? What do you think about their unique goal? Care to contribute
I'd love to know what you think!

1 comment :

  1. Oh yay this is such a great idea! I know that I always forget what happens in a book so often, and I definitely need to be visiting their site more often as I start to read more and more sequels that I don't remember the first book of :P

    But yay for recapping Gravity! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.