Once Upon A Read-a-Thon Sign Up & Updates #OUReadathon

July 8, 2013


I had completely forgotten about it, and had it not been for Candice's post on Facebook, I wouldn't have remembered either!

I've entered in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon hosted by Candice at Candice's Book Blog, Lori at Pure Imagination and Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels. Go on and say hi! to them at their blogs and check them out (their blogs, i.e.) while you're there! They all rock :)

Okay, so here's what I've got for the read-a-thon.

Reading Goals

- Runaway Groom by Sally Clements
- Love is A Thief by Claire Garber (review book that I have GOT to finish)
- Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

I'll probably just get two to three books done, since I've got college and tests and assignments (shit! I just remembered I have one due tomorrow!) and a seminar due Thursday as well. Wow, my life does seem pretty busy, doesn't it? LOL

And if I get the first two done, I'll choose between Wild Awake and The Distance Between Us for the third, depending upon my mood.
Updates

Day 1:

Read: Runaway Groom by Sally Clements

Mini Challenge @ Cover2CoverBlog

1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth and Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good thing?

All the Harry Potter books at a stretch!

3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?
Harry Potter. Because, umm... he's Harry Potter?
And I'd love to meet Jo March from the Little Women books by Louisa May Alcott. She was my favourite from the family :)

Mini Challenge @ BookBFF on YouTube: Book BFF Challenge

Pooja @ On Books! is the one who got me into book blogging in the first place. She used to be my senior at college, & we kind of clicked immediately because both of us love books & are kind of shy (though she's a lot more 'out there' than I) & love to write as well. I never used to have anyone to discuss books with AND she helps me out with blog stuff too, which is great! She's perfect! :D

My other book BFF is Aaliya. We bonded over Batman. You know the kind of friend who is the same as you in so many ways its creepy? That's her! I swear, the number of things we have in common, you'd think we'd get over the coincidence, right? But we still get shocked every time we discover another one!

Though we more or less live in the same place (Pooja has temporarily moved to Pondicherry for her Masters course in Psychology), we chat a lot more on Facebook than we do in real life, and we actually have this chatroom called 'The Rita Skeeter, Bambi and LB Book Club'. Yeah, those are our sort of nicknames. Dont ask.

Day 2:

Read: Love is A Thief by Claire Garber


Mini Challenge @ Better Read Than Dead

You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take?

Two books: (they have to be one's that I'm dying to read, right?) Allegiant by Veronica Roth (because it could probably help me out, under the circumstances) and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (I simply cant seem to find the time to read this book when my life is normal, so I figure I'll probably have plenty of free time to read it when I'm hiding away in an abandoned building, plotting the downfall of the zombies)

3 other items: Kindle! (I will have one when this apocalypse hits), pencil (I ALWAYS need to have something to write with), lots and lots of paper (ok, this is probably lame, but it's really important for me to have something to write on).

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for participating in the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge! Good luck during the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Gorelenore! And thanks! I'm having a great time! :D

      Delete
  2. Great goals. Congrats on already finishing a book. I loved you BFF story. That is the one thing that I am missing. Someone in my life that is passionate about books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! And yes, I know what you mean. I has it that way until just a few months ago :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I totally understand your 'my-life-is-ridiculously-busy' problem!!! I just graduated from college (well, ok, just seems a stretch because it's been a year lol, but still) and my life still feels hectic a lot of the time...but never as bad as then. Seriously, I almost died -_-. Anyway, loved reading about your BFF stories and your apocalypse choices--they weren't lame at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lynanne :)

      I know! College life is HECTIC! It kills me, I swear, the workload we have at any given time! :/ But I love what I'm studying, so that helps a bit I guess :)

      Delete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.