Losing Francesca by J A Huss Blog Tour

July 10, 2013


Title: Losing Francesca
Author: J A Huss
Publication date: July 1, 2013

Genre:  Mature Young Adult, Contemporary
Francesca Sabatini came to America to take in the sights, celebrate her high school graduation, and have fun wasting time before college starts in the fall.

That’s not what happens.

Fresh off the plane and barely on American soil more than a handful of minutes, Francesca’s face is recognized by TSA scanners to be a match for a child who was kidnapped twelve years ago.

Brody Mason remembers the day Fiona Sullivan went missing during a family vacation in Italy and it’s haunted him his whole life. So when Francesca shows up at the Sullivan farm down the road, he’s compelled to figure out if this girl really is his long lost friend.

But Francesca knows she’s not Fiona Sullivan. She knows exactly who she is. At least she thinks she knows – until Brody Mason relentlessly pursues her and she begins to have feelings for him. Maybe being Fiona isn’t so bad?

Reality becomes blurred, secrets are revealed, and life will never be the same when the final questions are answered: Is she Francesca or Fiona? And where does she really belong?

EXCERPT
If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed.  Download the original attachment

EXCERPT 3

He continues to look at my eyes. Only my eyes. And then he exhales and I realize he's been holding his breath. "What. Is. Your. Name?"

He says it very slow, like I can't understand English.

And then it hits me, he doesn't know I understand English. The look on my face must be confusion, because he repeats it again, even slower. I almost laugh at him this time, but I hold it in. He's having a very serious moment and it would be extremely bad manners to laugh right now.

"Mi chiamo Francesca Sabatini."

He smiles. "Francesca?"

"Sì."

"You are like a flower, Francesca."

I blush and try to look away, but his hands are still cupping my face.

"You are so beautiful, I don't even know what to say."

I try to change the subject so I point to his chest and say, "Come ti chiami?"

He breathes out again and looks a little sad. He's disappointed that I had to ask but he catches himself quickly. "Brody, Brody Mason."

"Brody Mason," I repeat, trying on my best Italian accent. Of the infamous Mason boys, I don't add. But it is a nice name.

"Do you remember me?"

I shake my head to pretend I don't understand.

He drops his hands and I study his bare chest for a moment. He must not have realized he was shirtless because he plucks a shirt from his waistband and quickly tugs it over his head, pulling it down the way boys do, so that it slides past their stomach muscles and drives us girls crazy.

He is a very beautiful boy. Man. He's definitely not a boy.

And then it gets silent and soon after, it gets weird. He just stands there looking at me.

I'm just about to wander over to the door and open it to get him to leave—because no matter how beautiful he is, he definitely needs to go, and soon—but then he starts talking.

"I don't know if you remember me," he says softly. "But I would definitely like a chance to get to know you, Francesca."

GIVEAWAY TIME!
The author, J A Huss, is giving away a A Love as deep as the Ocean necklace and a signed copy of Losing Francesca (INTL)

Enter the rafflecopter below, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About The Author

J. A. Huss likes to write new adult books that make you think and keep you guessing. Her favorite genre to read is space opera, but since practically no one reads those books, she writes new adult science fiction, paranormal romance, contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and books about Junco (who refuses to be saddled with a label).

She has an undergraduate degree in horses, (yes, really–Thank you, Colorado State University) and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology from the University of Florida. She used to have a job driving around Colorado doing pretty much nothing but shooting the breeze with farmers, but now she just writes, runs the New Adult Addiction and Clean Teen Reads Book Blogs, and runs an online science classroom for homeschoolers.
Author links:
 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for being a part of the tour, Fahima! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.