Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Read So Far in 2013

June 25, 2013

I was going through my Goodreads list in preparation of this post, and disappointingly, I found only a handful of five stars. Out of the 100+ books that I've read so far this year, only 6 got a five star. I guess that can be seen in a number of ways. Either a lot of my read this year have been crappy (which is true), or else I'm pretty exacting (which is also true). But still, I'm pretty sad that I've had such few five star reads, and I'm determined to increase the quality of books I read this year from now on.

So here are my top 10 reads of this year so far, in no particular order: (Images, as usual, link to Goodreads :)

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (my review)

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Vain by Fisher Amelie

Gravity by Melissa West

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (my review)

Amplified by Tara Kelly

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (my review)

Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts

This is kinda funny, but I just realised that all of my top reads have beautiful covers. Huh. I guess covers do go a long way in getting you to pick up a book. Definitely for me, atleast. Though I have found books that are wonderful, but they're covers are not so much.

So do we share any of our top reads this year? 
Or have you read any of these and what do you think of them?
Leave me comment below with a link to your TTT post, and I'll make sure to stop by! :)

14 comments :

  1. The Night Circus and The Fault in our Stars makes me flaily. *flails* :) Such great stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT! Me too! Esp The Night Circus! :D

      Delete
  2. I loved The Sea of Tranquility as well! Such a great book and I also put Divergent on my list. :) Can't wait to read Eleanor and Park, I've heard great things about that book!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss The Sea of Tranquility totally gave me the 'feels' :D
      You should definitely read Eleanor & Park! It's one GREAT book!

      Delete
  3. I looove TFIOS!! Of course, who doesn't? xD Great TTT!
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Fault in our Stars and Divergent as well! Excellent choices Fahima. If you love Colleen Hoover and Katie McGarry, you'd love K.A. Tucker (Ten Tiny Breaths) as well, I'm sure of it :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lvoe all of the authors you've mentioned! Yay! Im so glad we have similar tastes :D

      Delete
  5. Such a great list. I want to read The Night Circus and Eleanor & Park. I NEED to read TFiOS!!

    My TTT- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica!

      And YES YOU DO! I postponed it for so very long.

      Delete
    2. I definitely plan in reading it this summer!

      Delete
  6. Good list, I loved The Fault in Our Stars as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes, that book is something else!

      Delete
  7. Wow, u have read 100 books and we are just down to june.....lovely, do u buy all these books?

    I havnt read any of these, though fault in our stars is in my wishlist

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.