Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
- (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
- If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?
Umm I'm still undecided on this topic. There are some distinct advantages to ebooks, but the reader in me loves the feel of an actual physical book, turning the pages, the smell of new books and old alike, and the joy in buying a new book and running your fingers across the cover. Okay, am I becoming too sentimental now? I'll stop :D
But an ebook is SO easy to read! See, when I read, I like to highlight, take little notes and stuff. I cant do any of that in a physical book. I could highlight, I guess, but I hate to make any mark whatsoever in a book. They're kind of sacred like that. Is that weird? Am I the only one like that?
So yes, Im still split over which one I like better, since each has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but I think I lean more towards the physical book, since it gives me the entire 'reading experience'.
What about you?
Which do you like better? Ebooks or physicals?
Or are you split between the two like I am?
Leave me a comment below with a link to your FF post and I'll make sure to stop by! :)
P.S.: You can follow me via GFC, Google+, Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D
I'm on Twitter as well now!
Moving from Google Reader to Bloglovin'
I guess everyone knows by now that Google Reader will be disappearing on July 1st. Just to be clear, the blogs you follow will still stay on your Blogger Reading List. However, if you want your blogs all nice and tidy and well organised, Bloglovin' is an awesome reader! I've been using it for the past few months, and it's great!
Not only that, Bloglovin' now has an easy peasy way for you to import your favourite blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin'. Just follow this little link -> http://www.bloglovin.com/import/reader
1. You have to sign in or sign up, depending on whether or not you're new to Bloglovin'.
2. You get this little button that allows you to import from Google Reader.
And voila! All your favourite blogs move over from Google Reader to Bloglovin'! No sweat! :D
Follow I Read, Ergo I Write: