Feature & Follow Friday #8

June 28, 2013


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

RULES:
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Question of this Week:
What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?

Answer:
Umm I'm still undecided on this topic. There are some distinct advantages to ebooks, but the reader in me loves the feel of an actual physical book, turning the pages, the smell of new books and old alike, and the joy in buying a new book and running your fingers across the cover. Okay, am I becoming too sentimental now? I'll stop :D

But an ebook is SO easy to read! See, when I read, I like to highlight, take little notes and stuff. I cant do any of that in a physical book. I could highlight, I guess, but I hate to make any mark whatsoever in a book. They're kind of sacred like that. Is that weird? Am I the only one like that?

So yes, Im still split over which one I like better, since each has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but I think I lean more towards the physical book, since it gives me the entire 'reading experience'.

What about you?
Which do you like better? Ebooks or physicals?
Or are you split between the two like I am?
Leave me a comment below with a link to your FF post and I'll make sure to stop by! :)


P.S.: You can follow me via GFC, Google+, Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D 

 I'm on Twitter as well now!
Follow on Bloglovin

Moving from Google Reader to Bloglovin'

I guess everyone knows by now that Google Reader will be disappearing on July 1st. Just to be clear, the blogs you follow will still stay on your Blogger Reading List. However, if you want your blogs all nice and tidy and well organised, Bloglovin' is an awesome reader! I've been using it for the past few months, and it's great!

Not only that, Bloglovin' now has an easy peasy way for you to import your favourite blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin'. Just follow this little link -> http://www.bloglovin.com/import/reader

1. You have to sign in or sign up, depending on whether or not you're new to Bloglovin'.


2. You get this little button that allows you to import from Google Reader.


3. Once you click that, it takes you to your Google account page, which asks you for permission to manage your data with Bloglovin'

4. Once you grant permission, it starts importing, and you can sit back and let Bloglovin' do all the work.

And voila! All your favourite blogs move over from Google Reader to Bloglovin'! No sweat! :D

 Follow I Read, Ergo I Write:
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. Agreed, ebooks are so much easier to read, but an actual book is a lot better:)
    New Follower via bloglovin :D

    My FF :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my kindle! And I agree with you about highlights and notes - I actually am not very happy when I have to highlight and note my books I read for class, but it can't be helped.

    Old follower, here's my FF post for this week.

    Have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's okay to be undecided ^_^

    New Linky follower!

    Check out my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love holding an actual book in my hands, but my Kindle is winning me over. It's so convenient! Happy Friday. Old follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow, favor returned.

    I'm like you, I cannot write in a book. I had a hard time getting past that to highlight my college texts lol

    There is something nice about the feel of real paper, but ebooks are nice and easy too! Have a great weekend!

    Julie @ Full Moon Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. For books, I often have a piece of paper with the book. I always have a pen in my purse, car and all over the house so it is easy to jot down any quotes, thoughts I may have about the book. I can't figure out how to easily make and find notes on my kindle. Maybe it is just too old.
    Here is my FF.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.