Feature & Follow Friday #7

June 7, 2013


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

RULES:
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Question of this Week:
Have you ever broken up with a  series? If so, which one and why?

Answer:
Yep. Definitely. Umm... let's see... the Significance series by Shelly Crane. That's just aboutthe only one I've done that with, because I'm usually the kind of person who just has to finish the books I start. But sometimes, they get just too tiresome and I cant do anything but stop. And with the Significance series, it started out really good. I loved the idea of it all. But then, in the 2nd part, it started going downhill. I forced myself to go up till the 3rd part, telling myself that it would get better, but after that I just gave up.

Oh and I just remembered another series I gave up on. The Thoughtless series by S C Stephens. I mean, first of all, I really wasn't comfortable with the storyline of the first book itself, and when it dragged on to the second, I stopped reading.

Sometimes, I wonder why in the world so some books have to be part of a series. I mean, why cant they just finish the story in one book? I agree that for some books, a series is justified, but there are others for which I really wish there weren't sequels and then a series and all that. I mean, do I really want to hear the entire story from the guy's point of view? No, thank you. I jsut read almost the same thing from her point of view in the first book.

Ok. No more ranting. I'm stopping now. So what series did you give up on? And do you think some books are better off as stand-alones and not part of a series?

P.S.: You can follow me via GFC, Google+, Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D 

 I'm on Twitter as well now!

26 comments :

  1. Haven't heard of that one. Now following via bloglovin' and Linky. Happy Friday! :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about books that should be ONE book. Authors are all about the trilogies anymore. Then I finish reading the trilogy and I am thinking that it totally could've been just one book!!! ERRR!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! I just lose interest if it keeps dragging :/

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of the series you mention Fahima, but I agree with you about one thing - why do they all have to be series now? If you haven't read it yet, I can recommend The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater! It's a single book, and it's really great.

    Sometimes, my problem with series is that they started out as a trilogy, then more books get added, and the whole thing just falls apart.

    I hope you've had a good week! And that you'll have a wonderful weekend. Here's my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec, Lexxie! I've read a few of Stiefvater's books, but not this one.

      Yep, that definitely happens a lot of times, like the House of Night series :/

      Aw thanks :) And you too!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these series, but consider that a good thing if you abandoned them ;)

    And yes, I agree! I looked back on my Goodreads list while answering this question, and while there's only one series I could think of that I purposely abandoned, there are quite a few others that I didn't realize I abandoned. Like books that I thought were standalones but obviously weren't. Whoops! Sometimes enough is enough!

    Anyways, new follower via Bloglovin!

    Asti @ A Bookish Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you're probably right, though they're not VERY bad, since a lot of people did like them.

      The same thing happened to me too! And I'm just realising it now. So I've added a few more titles to my tbr now :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of those series. I usually like to finish series as I start them as well, but sometimes you just can't.

    New Follower via GFC - http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hate when I have to abandon it :(

      Delete
  6. Oh sorry you had to break up :( but Happy Friday! :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the significance series. I had to break up with them as well.
    New follower, check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely know what you mean. I feel like some trilogies could be one longer book. I feel like some series sort of lag throughout each book and then pick up right at the end, making you feel like you need the next book. I get really aggravated by the whole thing sometimes, but other times, I can't get enough!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I never thought about that, but I know just what you mean! I just finished a book that was like that :(

      Delete
  9. I agree about series and trilogies that could have just been one book. I hate coming across those, because it feels like the publisher is just trying to squeeze more money out of readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought too.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of any of those series, but I've had my own breakups. So sad 'cuz you feel like you've wasted valuable reading time :-(

    Following back via Facebook!

    Christy Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I hate about it, Christy. It's like I jsut spent all of that time for nothing :/

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my FF.
    Old Follower(:

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read any of those series actually. I agree. I feel that some books just shouldn't have a sequel. It's kind of how I feel about Finding Dory. Finding Nemo was just so good, that I really don't think a sequel is necessary. Thanks for stopping by my FF! :) New follower via bloglovin!

    Sarah @ Bubbly and Booksih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about Finding Dory but dont know much about it. Though I was wondering what the 'finding' was all about lol

      Delete
  13. I actually finished the Significance series, and although the excitement of the plot DOES die down, I wanted to see them get married and stuff. So I read all of them, and honestly, I loved them! It was awhile ago when I read them, so I'm wondering how they would compare to other books now...but I still loved them :)

    I gave up after the 2nd book of Thoughtless, too!!! I agree with you about the plot...and that's why I needed to read the second book. But after that...I didn't care to read the third.

    I like series because if I like them, I don't have to think about what book I'm going to read next for a long time. But if the author writes the love story too quickly and all the fun things happen in the first book, it's like....YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST STOPPED! lol.

    Thanks for following me :) LOnG comment! Sorry!!!

    Following you back via GFC

    -J
    http://reviewingromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I dont mind long comments. I like them, actually :)

      I'm glad you enjoyed the Significance series! I started reading book 2 of Thoughtless and then just gave up :(

      Delete
  14. Hey there! Thanks for following me! Followed back:)
    http://myfavorite-escape.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree- I don't see the point of some sequels either. Thanks for stopping by my blog! NEw follower via Bloglovin.
    Beth @ Free Spirit Booksa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am the same way. I like to try and finish books once I start them, but some times I just can't. I am a new follower!
    rainydayreadingreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.