Feature & Follow Friday #8

June 14, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

RULES:
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Question of this Week:

Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.

Answer:
Okay, forgive me, but Im really not in the mood for a book spine poem. Main reason, I don't have my laptop with me and im typing this out on my iPad. Which isn't fun, let me tell you. I can't even think of putting up a picture now :(. But... Since I love poetry, I would love to write a bit about my fvourite poem(s). 

You probably already know his, because it's there on my sidebar, but my favourite poems are Daffodils by William Wordsworth, and Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening by Robert Frost. Daffodils because I have this memory of my mum reciting it to means my sister when I was small, and not only do I have fond memories of it, but I loved ow my mother explained it to us back then, making us fall for it. And I love Stopping By Woods on A Snowy evening , because it reminds me on all the things that I want to do in life, all the miles I have yet to travel, and itdo t know, it's kind of a motivation for me, I guess. 

A recent favourite of mine,ever since I read the Matched series is Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.

So what's your favourite poem? And do we have any incommon? I'd love to know!

P.S.: You can follow me via GFC, Google+, Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D 

 I'm on Twitter as well now!
 


21 comments :

  1. Hi I'm new to blogging and following thru from Parajunkie's follow friday.
    You can follow me back at "SnowRavyn's Reviews"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fahima, those poems are both beautiful! I can't remember if you have read Slammed by Colleen Hoover, but if you haven't you totally should. There is a lot of poetry in that one, slam poems, and they are beautiful.

    I actually made a spine-poem this week, and even if it's a little weird, I'm happy I tried. This is one of those weeks I was very happy to know the question ahead of time :) Here's my FF post for this week.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! And I LOVED LOVED LOVED it so much! That's when I fell in love with Collen Hoover. Ok, I know that sounds weird, but its not, I swear ;)

      Delete
  3. New follower via blog lovin and linky :-)

    Nice looking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of them :)
    Old follower :)Have a wonderful weekend!
    Here's my FF: Maria@Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the word "ergo" in your title. So frackin' cool! :)

    Here's our FF this week over at The Demon Librarian.

    Have a great week!

    New Bloglovin' follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah, I do :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I do love the Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening! I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely poem.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Can't go wrong with Robert Frost!

    You can find my poem here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right!

      Thanks for stopping by, Nicole :)

      Delete
  8. Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening by Robert Frost ! Wow that poem brings back memories for me! I forgot about that one. In grade school, around grade 7, we had to memorize this one and recite it in class. Such a good poem!

    Thanks for following me and checking out my blog. I've followed you back with blog lovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol we had to do the same! But I kind of loved doing it :D

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Robert Frost is a favorite of mine, but Poe is probably my all time favorite.

    New Blovglovin' follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Poe as well! Especially one his poems... I dont remember the name, and I cant find it on Google either :(

      Thanks for stopping by, though! :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I followed you back via GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Slytherpuff! I love that name, btw :D

      Delete
  11. Those are great poems! And I know what you mean about typing/adding pics etc with a tablet. They are great for reading, surfing, and email...but I can't live without my laptop. I'm a new follower via bloglovin and GFC :)

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I'm so happy I've got my lappy back now :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Meredith!

      Delete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.