Armcchair BEA Day 6: It's A Wrap!

June 2, 2013



As I write this, I'm am trying hard not too let too much of my palm and fingers touch the keyboard. I'm allergic to dust, and yesterday, I went around the house dusting, and well, now my hands all pink, and itchy, and blotchy, and achy. Sucks :/

But, getting back on track...

Armchair BEA is coming to an end today. This has been awesome week that we had, filled with wonderful, amazing books, and authors, and giveaways, and discussions, and... you get my point. I'm going to miss this :(

So... what do I love about ArmchairBEA?



- The organizers! You guys rock! This entire event wouldn't be possible with you guys! The amount of work and energy you put into this is massive and you can be sure we ALL appreciate and love you for it! I know for a fact that processing my giveaway prize request thingy (sorry! I dont know what it's called!) was HUGE trouble for one of the organizers. I had to send in my choices like three times because nothing was available, and then there was some trouble with my mailing address. Basically, I'm sure it was very tiresome for them, but they were so polite about it!

- The daily discussion posts. I'd been wanting to write about books in  general for a longtime, but just didn't know about what. So this was sort of a wonderful prompt to get me writing. I also got to read the views of a lot of new people, and added several books to my Goodreads tbr :) I found the blog development and the ethics posts very helpful, and learned a lot!

- The Twitter Parties! Okay, so truthfully, I'm not a very social person. I'm reserved, often shy, unless I get to know you, and then I can drive you crazy. So I often find myself quiet during twitter chats. Atleast I was... until the ArmchairBEA Twitter party! I was able to participate in both of them till now, and am planning to attend the one scheduled for today as well (11 pm PST, in case you're wondering). And I also won not one, but TWO giveaways during the Twitter parties! :D

- My fellow bloggers. One thing I really love about blogging is the book blogging community. They (we?) are so friendly & united & nice with each other. I love how the ones who're attending BEA are sharing their experiences with us all, and even sharing the books they got! That's REALLY generous. I dont think I'd have the heart to part with a book once its in my hands. And I also got the chance to connect with a lot of bloggers that I love and enjoy, but have never interacted with. That was definitely fun! Bonding over books and so much more!

- The books! Always save the best for the last :) The books are what Armchair BEA, and BEA are all about, and we've got some awesome (I use that word too much) sounding books lined up for release this year, that I cannot wait for!

Future discussion topics?
Maybe something on series? But I dont know, I think we covered pretty much everything.

So that brings us to the end of this year's Armchair BEA. This was my first time, and you can bet I'll be back next year, and the next and the next and...

10 comments :

  1. I agree! And it was also the first time I participated in a twitter chat! It was so much fun!

    I hope we'll both be able to go to BEA one year for real - the same year - and that we can meet there.

    Thanks for stopping by my Armchair BEA wrapup post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope so too! It would be amazing to meet you for real! :)

      Delete
  2. All great points. This is my second year for Armchair BEA and I plan on a third.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I dont think any of us who participate in ArmchairBEA dont come back for another year. Unless, that is, we're going to the real thing! :D

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your wrap up and looking forward to exploring your blog some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andi! I hope you enjoy looking around! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your first ArmchairBEA. This is my third year and I'm starting to think I may never go to BEA in person. This week wears me out, but that might be more about juggling all the real life stuff that came up.

    You can read my wrap up post here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think I'll be able to go either, not for a long time atleast. Yeah, I know, juggling real life and a blog can get hectic sometimes :)

      Delete
  5. Great points! And yes, the organizers rocked! This was my first year participating and I will be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! Ooh, I'm so looking forward to next year! :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.