Feature & Follow Friday #4

May 10, 2013


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

RULES:
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Question of this Week:
Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favourite Mom from fiction?

Answer:
I thought I'd have to think for a relly long time for this one, but surprisingly, the answer came to me as I was typing the above stuff! :D

Molly Weasley from Harry Potter

Now, if you dont know who's Molly Weasley... I really dont have anything to say to you, except to go and bury yourself in only one of the greatest works of fiction ever!

Okay, okay... Molly Weasley is Ron Weasley's mother. I love how throughout the series, she was a mother to her children as well as Harry. It was as if she just included him as one of hers right from the start, even before she met him (remember the jumper for the first Christmas?)

Proof?
From Order of the Phoenix:
Sirius: He's not your son!
Molly: He's as good as! 

And not only that, but throughout the series, we see her as a slightly absent minded, flustered, but nevertheless bubbly mother, and you dont (at least I didn't) expect any fierceness from (except when directed at her kids ;). But in that totally epic scene at the end, during the Battle of Hogwarts, when she duels with Bellatrix Lestrange, we see how protective she can be. Kinda reminded me of a lioness. Loved it!

Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. Weasley! (it's weird calling her Molly) We love you!

So who's your favourite mother from fiction? I'd love to know!

P.S.: GFC has shut down (I think, because my reading list is empty), so I would love it if you guys would be angels and follow via other means as well: Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D 

 I'm on Twitter as well now!

15 comments :

  1. Mrs Weasley does seem to be the popular choice - but how can she not! Who wouldn't love a hug from her :)

    Following via GFC, Bloglovin, Linky & Google+

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very popular choice, but its like shes the best mother in YA today. So, she should be popular.
    New follower Via GFC and Bloglovin.
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/05/friday-56-30-feature-friday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pick :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Weasley is very popular this week but I do love your examples and reasoning :D

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower here via FF . Love your site and look forward to your posts.

    Hope i can see you back at either of my blogs. Keep on Bloggin'

    http://guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    http://yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick and I love the proof you used!! That was a great scene!!
    New Linky follower
    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Everybody chose Molly. I haven't thought of her while writing my post, but I totally agree with everyone!! I loved how she cared for Harry even though she wasn't his real mom. I loved how she was close to her kids, too.
    Great post!! I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglvin. Thanks for following my blog (:

    My FF

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting My FF! Followed back via GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good old Mrs Weasley, she's definitively a favorite this week haha.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Mrs. Weasley is amazing! :)

    Following via GFC!

    Find me here: Sabrina @iheartyafiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrs.Weasely is an all time favorite :) SO nice to meet a fellow blogger from India :)
    following back via bloglovin

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! (They were mine too, of course. :D) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm now following you every way I can--GFC, LInky, Bloglovin' and Networked Blogs. Have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for following! I followed you back via FB and BlogLovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for following me! I'm following you right back too ;)
    Have a great week!
    Suzy Turner, YA Author

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.