Feature and Follow Friday #3

April 26, 2013


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee at Parajunkee & Alison at Alison Can Read.

RULES:
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Question of this Week:
Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or vice versa? What is the song & the book?

Answer:
Umm... no, not particularly. And even if they do they're mostly from the soundtracks of the book-turned-movie. But there is this one song... The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel it always reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, no doubt because one the YouTube vids of the songs has pictures from Pride & Prejudice, but still... I feel like the song comepletely fits the mood and period pf Pride and Prejudice, and since both the song and the book (and movie!) are wonderful, they're all together in my head.


Ok, and this is a bit unrelated, because it's movie talk, but this song by Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in The Dark, totally reminds me of the movie I Know What You Did Last Summer, not only because of the similar title, but also because the song has a really dark feel reminiscent of the movie.

So what about you? Which song reminds you of a book?

P.S.: The rumours about the GFC shutdown is making me nervous, so I would love it if you guys would be angels and follow via other means as well: Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, Linky or Facebook! Many thanks in advance! :D 
And if you're an old follower, can you please mention that as well? Because then I don't end up going to your blog and saying that I'm a new follower. It's happened. I'm forgetful. Very :'(

29 comments :

  1. Personally I have A LOT of songs that remind me of books. Pretty much everytime I listen to a song, no matter if I have heard it a thousand times before it can always remind me of a new book suddenly.

    New Blog Lovin' follower! =)

    Here's my FF!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice! But I dont know why, I just doesn't happen to me with books. Other things, yes :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't think of anything at first, then I remembered a song that is in a book... had to share!!

    Come and check out my FF @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New G+ Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that happens all the time right?! Love it when it does though!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry I suck in songs! :(( btw can I ask how you did that slideshow?

    New follower via bloglovin

    My FF
    http://www.lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-and-follow-friday_25.html#links

    INT Giveaway WIn your book of choice!
    http://www.lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-and-follow-friday_25.html#links

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah! It's not a big deal, there's no need to apologise! And neither am I all that great, so we're kinda on the same page :)

      Btw, you can find out how to do the slide show thingy here http://www.way2blogging.org/2012/05/how-to-add-jquery-nivo-slider-to-blogger-blog.html

      Delete
  4. Cool site picture!!! I am following via GFC.

    Katelynn Clark
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It feels great when people notice stuff like that :)

      Delete
  5. I love that book. good answer.

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-follow-45.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my absolute favourite book of all time! :D

      Delete
  6. I followed you every way that I could! Hope to see you around!

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you so much, Jessica! That's really sweet of you :D

      Delete
  7. Nice answer :) That song actually reminds me of The Notebook.

    New Follower :)

    Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah? I haven't read The Notebook yet. People tell me to all the time, but I know it has a sad ending, so that's sorta stopping me :)

      Delete
  8. Hopping through. Great choice. And to the comment above, I haven't read or seen The Notebook either.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually have a song in mind when I get to the fight scenes in whatever I'm reading that would be the best part anyway to input a song if it was a movie.
    new follower GFC & Google +

    Ya Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following Imagine a World!
    New follower via GFC and Linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice choices!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! I followed you back via GFC and Blovlovin.

    ~Andrea @ Beauty but a Funny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the second time I've seen that Fall Out Boy song mentioned. It was for a different book, but still. Also I need to listen to that Peter Gabriel song again. I love Pride & Prejudice, but I never thought to put them together. Thanks for visiting my F&FF. New bloglovin' follower.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love Fall Out Boy. I don't associate songs with books, only with movies. I like to read in silence. :)

    I haven't seen anything about GFC closing down, eek!

    New followers via GFC (still) and Linky!

    Thanks,
    Sandra

    SSBF Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! Which is why I had to think really hard for this! :)

      Delete
  14. Fall Out Boy is my new obsession! My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is such a great song, and I can't help getting up and dancing when it comes on!

    Thanks for stopping by! New GFC follower!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I sill haven't seen any of the I know what you did last summer movies :/ I'm following via bloglovin' :D
    -Novel Reveries & Writing Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen or read Pride and Prejudice but I own the book lol. And I love I Know What You Did Last Summer, I've seen it so many times.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following.
    I'm a new GFC follower as well as Google+

    Have a good rest of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, I just became a new follower! And by the way,thanks for following mine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a tough one for me this week. :) Thanks for stopping by Love.Life.Read. New follower via Bloglovin' :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was pretty lucky to actually have an answer to this weeks question. I normally don't listen to music when I read. I find music is better served when writing. :D Thanks for stopping by My FF

    Thanks for the follow. I'm following back via GFC and bloglovin

    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.